Calling all meal prep enthusiasts—this recipe is for you!
While we can all agree that breakfast is the most important and delicious meal of the day (I mean… we agree, right?), it also happens to be the most difficult to prepare for. We get it—it’s hard to make time for cooking in the morning when you need every precious minute of sleep you can get. Oftentimes, this dilemma leads to skipping breakfast or grabbing something unhealthy and/or unsatisfying during your morning commute—neither of which are the most ideal scenario. Which brings us to… egg muffins!
We’ll admit, we were kind of freaked out by the idea of precooked and reheated eggs at first. But these little guys are just so delicious and, most importantly, make life so. much. easier. Keep them in the fridge for the week (or freeze them for later), pop them in the microwave while you’re getting ready for work, and enjoy!
Not only will this recipe save you time and money, but it will also leave you feeling satisfied. Plus, there are a ton of ways to modify these and create your own variations, so you’ll never get bored.
Bonus: These egg cups are paleo and Whole30 approved!
Sun-Dried Tomato + Prosciutto Egg Muffins
- 10 eggs
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 3/4 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F . Grease muffin pan with olive oil spray.
- Wrap 10 slices of prosciutto around the edges of 10 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until fully scrambled.
- Mix sun-dried tomatoes, basil, almond milk, salt and pepper into bowl with beaten eggs.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Place muffins in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set in the middle.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days. When ready to enjoy, just microwave egg muffins for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 2 egg muffins
304 calories per serving • Fat: 21g • Carbohydrates: 3g • Protein: 29g
3 thoughts on “Sun-Dried Tomato + Prosciutto Egg Muffins”