Welcome to the third and final day of our Matcha Madness Weekend! We’re sad it’s coming to an end, but don’t worry—this won’t be the end of our matcha recipes. Moving right along…
YOU GUYS. We made matcha pancakes, and they were kind of awesome. I mean, just look at that color. The matcha flavor is subtle, making these a simple yet delish way to add some vitamins and antioxidants to your potentially average pancakes. Next time you treat yourself to a Sunday stack, we highly recommend trying these. Top with pure maple syrup, fresh fruit, nut butter, and/or however else you like your pancakes.
If you’re looking for more ways to enjoy matcha, don’t miss our hot + iced matcha latte recipes. Enjoy!
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Olive oil spray
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place all wet ingredients in another bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until there are no dry spots; do not over-mix.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is heated, lightly coat it with olive oil spray. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the skillet. When the bubbles settle and the edges begin to set, flip the pancake and allow it to finish cooking. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have 10 pancakes.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 2 pancakes
257 calories per serving • Fat: 5.3g • Carbohydrates: 39.4g • Protein: 10.6g