We’ve been busy brainstorming our favorite springtime treats to lighten up and share with you guys! One of our favorite desserts around this time of year is carrot cake. Alas, Carrot Cake Energy Bites are born.
These energy bites are perfect to make for Easter, to satisfy your sweet tooth without loading up on refined sugars, or to just have around for a snack, as a reminder that warmer times are coming! Hopefully. Please.
You won’t hesitate to grab and savor one of these macronutrient-rich bites, or share them with family and friends (if you’re feeling generous)!
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (62g); we used Garden of Life raw organic plant-based protein, found here.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil over low heat or in the microwave.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process on high until thoroughly combined and doughy.
- Roll dough into 16 balls (or however many you want!) and place on a baking sheet. TIP: Wetting your hands a little during this step will help, as the dough will be sticky.
- Freeze protein balls for at least 15 minutes. When ready to eat, just let sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes until slightly softened.
Yield: 16 servings
Serving size: 1 energy bite
86 calories per serving • Fat: 4.5g • Carbohydrates: 8.2g • Protein: 3.8g