I’d be lying if I said I don’t have aspirations to own a food truck someday. Specifically, a food truck that serves totchos (tater tot nachos, obviously). I’d also be lying if I said I don’t already have a name picked out for my future totcho truck—but I can’t share that on the interwebs, because someone could run with it and makes millions off my creative genius. Not not being serious…
Anyways, we’re keeping this Cinco de Mayo weeklong party going strong with this new sheet pan recipe! It may be Monday, but we’ve got our eye on the prize, aka Friday—when we’ll be diving fork-first into these Sheet Pan Cauliflower Totchos. It’s pretty rare for us to shop in the frozen section of the grocery store, but when we discovered Green Giant’s Cauliflower Veggie Tots, we knew we had to experiment with them.
These cauliflower tots are cooked in a mere 12-14 minutes and are freakin’ delicious straight up by themselves. Or, you could follow our lead and layer them up with even more goodness to create a yummy, crowd-pleasing, easy AF appetizer or main entrée. Get ready to blow your friends’ minds when you show up to their Cinco de Mayo party with these totchos (and our Spicy Tuna Guacamole) in tow.
Sheet Pan Cauliflower Totchos
- 2 16 oz bags Green Giant Cauliflower Veggie Tots
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese; we used reduced-fat Mexican cheese.
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium avocado, cubed
- 2 tbsp plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Add spices, mix well, and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce and water. Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- While turkey simmers, arrange cauliflower tots in a single layer on a large baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and top cauliflower tots with ground turkey, black beans and cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and lime juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and top with diced tomato, onion, sliced jalapeño and avocado. Drizzle with yogurt + lime mixture.
Yield: 6 servings
436 calories per serving • Fat: 16.9g • Carbohydrates: 42.4g • Protein: 28.8g