Happy Friday Junior! We’re, ahem, *wrapping* up our week of Cinco de Mayo themed recipes with these Shrimp Ceviche Lettuce Wraps. Like the other recipes we’ve posted this week, these lettuce wraps are great to serve a crowd at your upcoming Cinco de Mayo party or to make for lunches/dinners for yourself at any time. The best part about this recipe? No cooking required! If you buy fresh or frozen pre-cooked shrimp, all you have to do is chop and assemble. Minimal prep, maximum satisfaction. As much as we love the typical cheesy dishes associated with Mexican cuisine, we also love eating light, fresh food that get us in the mood for warm summer weather (see our Spicy Tuna Guacamole recipe for another great example of this).
A quick note about cilantro—or as we call it, cilant-NO. We are both avid cilantro haters, so you’ll never find it as an ingredient in any of our recipes. Sorry not sorry. If you enjoy cilantro (you savage, you), feel free to add some at your own risk.
Shrimp Ceviche Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves removed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime (about 1 tbsp)
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shrimp, tomato, onion, jalapeño, avocado, lemon juice, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Divide shrimp mixture between eight lettuce leaves, and garnish with radish, as desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 2 lettuce wraps
227 calories per serving • Fat: 9g • Carbohydrates: 9.6g • Protein: 27.1g