These weekends just keep going faster and faster! This weekend probably flew because “time flies when you’re having fun,” and we had an AMAZING weekend. We spent Saturday at Philly Mag’s Be Well Philly Boot Camp—a day packed with fitness classes, wellness chats, cooking demos, breakfast and coffee, lunch from Sweetgreen and a healthy happy hour. It was an awesome event, and we made some great new friends! Yesterday, we hosted our very first fitness event, called Barre & Bubbly, with our dear friend Katie Graham of RIDE Spin, Barre & TRX Fitness in Southampton at The Deck Philly. That’s right. We did barre on a BOAT. And there were mimosas. It was such an incredible day and we’re so grateful for everyone who came out. Visit our Instagram page for more details on the event and stay tuned for announcements about more events like this one in the future!
Now, back to the task at hand. The weather is looking a little brighter today, so we thought it would be the perfect time to share these grilled shrimp, pineapple and veggie skewers. These are so fresh and simple, yet super flavorful—and they only take a few minutes on the grill to come together! More reasons to fire up the grill and host a cookout as soon as we finally get another weekend of nice weather (c’mon June!).
Grilled Shrimp, Pineapple + Veggie Skewers
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 36 shrimp)
- 1 pineapple
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- olive oil spray
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Place shrimp in a plastic bag with spices, salt, pepper and lime juice. Toss to coat. Allow to marinate in the fridge while prepping the remaining ingredients.
- Cut pineapple, peppers and onions into about 1.5″ pieces.
- To assemble skewers, layer single pieces of pepper, onion and pineapple, followed by one shrimp. Continue layering until you have three shrimp and four rows of veggies. Continue with this process until all shrimp are utilized. (You should have about 12 skewers total.)
- Spray skewers lightly with olive oil spray. Grill skewers for about 3-4 minutes, flip and grill for another 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 2 skewers
149 calories per serving • Fat: 0.7g • Carbohydrates: 18.7g • Protein: 19.3g