With Father’s Day right around the corner, we thought it was only appropriate to equip you with a burger recipe full of nutritious ingredients that even Dad can get behind. These turkey burgers are bursting with flavors and textures, making for a mouth-watering combo—he won’t even miss the beef or cheese!
Turkey Burgers with Special Sauce, Avocado + Caramelized Onions
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium avocado, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp ghee, we used Himalayan Pink Salt Grass-Fed Ghee Butter by 4th & Heart.
- cumin, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
For the special sauce (makes about 1/2 cup):
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sweet relish
- Combine special sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined. Set aside.
- Make four burger patties out of ground turkey. Season both sides with salt, pepper, and cumin, to taste. Set aside.
- Heat ghee over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes, or until caramelized.
- While the onions are caramelizing, spray grill pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Once grill is hot, add burgers. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Divide special sauce, avocado, and caramelized onions among burgers as desired for serving. Serve on a bun, lettuce wrap, or even plain!
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 burger with 2 tbsp special sauce*, 1/4 avocado + 1/4 onion
317 calories per serving • Fat: 15.9g • Carbohydrates: 17.5g • Protein: 24.3g
*We personally recommend 1 tbsp on the burger and 1 tbsp on the side for dipping. 😉