We find ourselves frequently turning to smoothies for breakfast or a post-workout refuel. This particular smoothie was inspired by a conversation with my coworker, who enjoys smoothies and was looking to get more protein, but doesn’t love the banana found in a lot of smoothies. Bananas are such a great ingredient to help the texture of a smoothie. But we get it—sometimes the banana flavor takes over, and you just want something different.
This smoothie is a refreshing balance of mint, coffee, and chocolate. Not to mention, it has killer macros! This smoothie (and any other) can easily be tweaked to your liking—sweeten it, add more protein, throw in that banana, etc.
Blend this smoothie on your way out the door and you’ll have a strong (high in protein and healthy fats…woohoo!!) and tasty start to your day!
Coffee Mint Smoothie
- 150g frozen coffee (about 12 standard ice cubes)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (17g)—find our favorite (BPI Sports Best Protein Chocolate Brownie) here!
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- For added sweetness, add Stevia or a sweetener of your choice
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
Yield: 1 smoothie
Serving Size: 1 smoothie
195 calories per serving • Fat: 11.5g • Carbohydrates: 7g • Protein: 17g