Happy Fri-YAY, y’all! This might be the best. Fri-YAY. E-V-E-R…
On July 31st, we finally convinced you to buy an air fryer when we posted a sneak peak of these Air Fryer Avocado Fries + Sriracha Ketchup to celebrate the most millennial holiday of all time: National Avocado Day. Hey, we’ll take it.
These fries are the most satisfying treat, as you get a crunchy crisp on the outside with a delicious gooey avo center, all in the same bite. You could eat these fries plain, or with a menagerie of dipping sauces. However, we threw it back to our trusty friend, Sriracha ketchup, and the combo of flavors was quite literally *fire*. Feel free to adjust the Sriracha + ketchup ratios to your liking—Taylor is a spice warrior, but we aimed to please.
This recipe is so simple and can be tweaked in a variety ways. If you want to go gluten-free, try replacing the breadcrumbs with almond flour. Try different types and amounts of cheese—or no cheese at all for dairy-free! PSA: Trader Joe’s Pecorino Romano block cheese is amazing and somehow not very expensive compared to the rest of the cheese world. We love grating/shredding/etc. our own cheese when incorporating in a recipe, but of course that is a personal preference and sometimes convenience might win! With this recipe, the avocado fry is your oyster. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Avocado Fries + Sriracha Ketchup
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- salt, to taste
For the Sriracha ketchup:
- 2 tbsp ketchup; we used Annie’s Homegrown Organic Ketchup.
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- Mix ketchup and Sriracha until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Set up your dredging station by combining the breadcrumbs and cheese in a small bowl. Scramble egg in another small bowl.
- Slice avocado into about 8-10 thin strips.
- One at a time, dip avocado in egg, followed by breadcrumb mixture. Repeat this until all avocado slices are coated.
- Place half of the avocado in the basket of your air fryer and lightly spray with cooking spray. Cook for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat this step with the remaining avocado fries.
- Lightly salt avocado fries to taste, and serve with Sriracha ketchup.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 avocado fries with 1/4 sriracha ketchup
126 calories per serving • Fat: 7.4g • Carbohydrates: 11.6g • Protein: 3.8g