Another Friday (FRY-YAY!!) means we’re bringing you another air fryer magical creation—Air-Fried Pickles with Chipotle Dipping Sauce! Honestly, fried pickles always remind me of my days working at Buffalo Wild Wings… yeah, I know. But, there was nothing better than sneaking a fried pickle when you ran back into the kitchen to check on your table’s food. AND, if you were really lucky, you managed to dunk it their southwest ranch on your way out. All without getting caught. Man, those were the days…
Anyway, I [unlike Taylor… but I’m workin’ on her] feel very strongly about pickles, in a love, wouldn’t-not-drink-the-juice kinda way. So I could not let the opportunity to try these guys in the air fryer pass us by. Plus, Penn State football starts this weekend, and these would MAKE your tailgate (*spoiler alert*).
Air-Fried Pickles with Chipotle Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup hamburger dill pickle chips
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
For the chipotle dipping sauce:
- 1 chipotle pepper + 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine ingredients for dipping sauce in a blender of food processor and blend until combined. Set aside or chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Lay pickles out on a dry surface and pat with paper towels to dry.
- Set up your dredging station by placing almond flour in a small bowl, eggs in another small bowl (whisking until scrambled), and panko, salt and pepper in another bowl (mixing until combined).
- One at a time, coat pickle chips in almond flour, egg, and panko, in that order, until all pickle chips are evenly coated.
- Place half of the pickles in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer and lightly spray with cooking spray. Cook for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat this step with the remaining pickles. Serve with dipping sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
117 calories per serving • Fat: 6.1g • Carbohydrates: 10.7g • Protein: 5.8g
*Nutrition information does not include chipotle dipping sauce.