Hump day already?! We’ll take it! We are v team 3-day weekend over here, but sometimes that Tuesday can feel extra Monday-ish. Sooo, what better mid-week pick me up than National Cheese Pizza Day?! We tossed (hehe) around lots of recipes ideas for this gem of a holiday, but naturally, we’re letting cauliflower really milk it’s “moment“.
Who doesn’t enjoy that occasional slice of pizza out?! Sometimes, it just can’t be beat! But, one of our favorite challenges in the kitchen is recreating those guilty pleasures at home, always proving to be easier than expected, and of course, more nutritious! That being said, we present you with this Cheese Pizza Cauliflower Tot Skillet! This dish comes together in minutes and will surely satisfy that pizza craving.
Throughout this journey, we’ve frequently discussed how we’ve learned that making our favorite sauces/dressings at home can be super easy and just as satisfying. This pizza sauce was no different! Sauces, dressings, etc. can often times be the biggest “goal killers” (Is that a phrase? I’m making it one…), and making them from scratch often seems difficult. We have yet to be disappointed, and each time we are so happy to know where all of the ingredients came from, and are confident to be putting good, whole foods into our bodies. I can definitely say I will not be buying jarred pizza sauce ever again!
Shout out to Green Giant for placing such a tasty and versatile ingredient in our kitchens! We are forever indebted. Have a recipe you want us to try using these cauliflower tots? Let us know in the comments! And, don’t forget to try our Sheet Pan Cauliflower Totchos!
Cheese Pizza Cauliflower Tot Skillet
- 2 16 oz bags Green Giant Cauliflower Veggie Tots
- 1 cup pizza sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, to taste
For the pizza sauce (makes about 2 cups):
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray cast iron skillet with cooking spray and arrange cauliflower tots in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven for 14 minutes. Remove from oven and turn oven setting to broil.
- Spread sauce evenly over tots. Sprinkle cheese in an even layer on top of sauce.
- Return skillet to oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Season with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, as desired.
Yield: 6 servings
260 calories per serving • Fat: 10.5g • Carbohydrates: 31.6g • Protein: 8.9g