You know those people who are guilty of buying/making/eating/drinking all things pumpkin the moment the temperature drops below 70 degrees? We are totally those people. No shame.
As soon as it cooled down outside, we knew we had to jump on the opportunity to whip up some new pumpkin recipes. Since our Chocolate Spice Macro Bites are one of our all-time favorite recipes, we figured another bite/ball/bomb situation was the perfect place to start. These Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs literally taste like pumpkin pie. To a freakin’ T. Except that there’s no refined sugar or gluten involved. #winning
These are so easy to throw together in a food processor, store in the freezer, and pop one out whenever you need a snack or sweet treat. Or, if you’re someone who tracks your macros, these are perfect for whenever you need a little something to help you reach your fat goal for the day.
Happy pumpkin spicing, everyone!
Pumpkin Spice Fat Bombs
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ghee; we used Fourth & Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee—find it here.
- 3 pitted medjool dates, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Melt ghee and coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process on high until smooth and well-mixed.
- Roll batter into golf ball-sized balls (about 12-14) and arrange on a baking sheet. TIP: If dough is too sticky to roll smoothly, wet your hands slightly.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for at least fifteen minutes before enjoying. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a week. When ready to enjoy, let fat bomb soften for about five minutes for optimal texture.
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 1 macro bite
134 calories per serving • Fat: 11.5g • Carbohydrates: 7.8g • Protein: 1.4g