The grill train has not left the station, you guys! In honor of National Cheeseburger Day, we’re bringing you this new recipe for Turkey Cheeseburger Bites. If sliders and meatballs got together and procreated, these burger bites would be their tasty lovechild.
These are perfect for serving on game day or can make for an easy meal prep. The best part about them? The cheesy little surprise in the center. YUM.
These burger bites are best paired with our “special sauce”, which we initially shared with our turkey burger recipe — another one of our favorites! Hope you’re all celebrating National Cheeseburger Day the best way you know how!
Turkey Cheeseburger Bites
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 2.5 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 1/2 medium avocado, cubed
- 1 head butter lettuce, chopped
- 16 grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
For the special sauce (makes about 1/2 cup):
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sweet relish
- Combine special sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Roll turkey into 16 meatball-sized burger bites, tucking a cube of cheese in each.
- Spray grill pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat.
- Grill burger bites for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and browned.
- Place on skewers with lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Serve with special sauce for dipping.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 2 assembled burger bites
137 calories per serving • Fat: 8.2g • Carbohydrates: 2g • Protein: 13.8g