Happy Saturday, friends! Today is not just any Saturday…
This Saturday, I’m celebrating two of my favorite things! Taylor + coffee! *What a time to be alive.*
First off, happy birthday, Taylor!! Thanks for being born. *Insert more sappy words about BFF here.* We’ll be kicking off our celebrations with a workout class and an almond milk latte after, obvi.
Secondly, National Coffee Day…
We knew we had to do something to celebrate this legendary day. The obvious idea that came to us first was a coffee smoothie, but been there, done that. The next idea that came to us was…meat. We really went out on a limb here and YOLO’d with this creation, but you’ll be glad we did! These ingredients produce a moist (sry) + flavorful AF shredded pork. Think, carnitas from your favorite Mexican joint, but all up in your kitchen. What could be better, right?!
Don’t even get me started bragging about the instant pot. If you don’t have one, yes, it’s worth it. I could shed a tear just thinking back to shredding two pounds of pork in 0.5 seconds because it all falls apart so beautifully.
We also love this recipe because meal prep. Eat the pork over some brown rice with sauteed plantains (as pictured), make some tacos…or, literally anything else. The options are endless, and you’ll be excited for your meal each time you have the privilege of sitting down to another serving of this delectable, coffee pork!
Instant Pot Coffee Pulled Pork
- 2 lb pork loin roast center cut, cut into three smaller pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup red wine; we used Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, plus 1/2 tsp sauce
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- cooking spray
- Season pork with salt and pepper all over.
- Set instant pot to saute setting. Spray with cooking spray. Brown pork on all sides, cooking about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Season pork with cumin, oregano, garlic powder, turmeric, and coriander all over.
- Pour coffee, bone broth, and wine into instant pot. Add chipotle peppers and sauce. Add bay leaves. Stir.
- Return pork to instant pot. Cover, secure, and cook at high pressure for 80 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally. Remove bay leaves and chipotle peppers.
- Shred pork and combine thoroughly with liquids in bottom.
Yield: 8 servings
267 calories per serving • Fat: 16.5g • Carbohydrates: 2.3g • Protein: 23g