Happy Friday! Another Friday, another date night recipe!
Just when you think we’ve used cauliflower in all ways possible…here we are with another cauliflower recipe! Risotto is one of our favorite indulgent meals, but it’s no secret one of the first thoughts you probably have when you think of risotto is how heavy it is. We swapped rice for riced cauliflower, ditched the heavy cream, and used cheese sparingly…we think. No worries, *cheese pulls included.*
Top the “risotto” with seared scallops, and you have a complete, restaurant-quality meal right in the comfort of your own home! If you ask us, can’t beat that!
Scallops with Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto
- 12 oz bag Green Giant frozen riced cauliflower
- 8-10 large scallops
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp ghee
- 5 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add riced cauliflower, mushrooms, wine, bone broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until liquid has reduced and mixture has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add parmesan and stir until thoroughly combined. Simmer.
- Add 1 tsp ghee to medium skillet and heat on high heat. When hot, add scallops to the skillet. Sear scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Divide risotto between two plates. Top with 1/2 scallops.
Yield: 2 servings
343 calories per serving • Fat: 16.8g • Carbohydrates: 19.5g • Protein: 26.7g