Hello and happy Thursday! We’ve been stepping up our meal prep game this week, as we may or may not have been slacking a little as of late. BUT, no worries. Back in the saddle we go!
If you’ve been with us since day one (we love you!), you know that our very first recipe was our Sun-Dried Tomato + Prosciutto Egg Muffins. Egg muffins are one of our meal prep secret weapons. They’re so easy to prep and reheat, and they’re extremely versatile. Once you have the rough formula down, you can mix up the ingredients for a new breakfast every week! This time we’re bringing you a jalapeño popper inspired version of egg muffins. Just look at how simple these things are:
These little guys are super fluffy and delicious. I mean, hello… bacon! We want to know… what egg muffins should we whip up next?
P.S. We’re super stoked to share that our Air Fryer Brussels Sprout Tacos were featured on Greatist recently! One of our all-time favorite recipes, inspired by one of our favorite dishes at a local Philly spot. If you haven’t already tried them, get on it!
Also, you may have noticed our photography in this post looking better than usual (and featuring our faces… *gasp*). We were lucky enough to work with Scotch Studio Photography this past weekend on some new shots of us in action. Stay tuned for more!
Jalapeño Popper Egg Muffins
- 10 eggs
- 8 oz bacon; we used Garrett Valley Sugar Free Dry Rubbed Uncured Pork Bacon.
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- olive oil spray
- Cook bacon and crumble once slightly cooled. Here’s our favorite method: Place bacon on large rimmed baking sheet. Put baking sheet in cold oven, and preheat oven to 400°F. After about 20 minutes, remove bacon from oven.
- Change oven temperature to 350°F . Grease muffin pan with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until fully scrambled.
- Mix bacon, jalapeño, cheese, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper into bowl with beaten eggs.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Place muffins in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set in the middle.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days. When ready to enjoy, just microwave egg muffins for 1 minute.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 2 egg muffins
284 calories per serving • Fat: 19.9g • Carbohydrates: 2g • Protein: 23.5g
One thought on “Jalapeño Popper Egg Muffins”