Leaves may be falling and temperatures may be dropping, but we’re heating things up with this new recipe today! As we are in the midst of football season, we decided to try our hand at a wing recipe.
You guys already know that anything remotely in the buffalo chicken wheelhouse falls into the category of our favorite tailgate food (cc: our Buffalo Cauliflower Dip). Wings might not be the cleanest or most flattering food to go HAM on at a tailgate, but when you’re hosting a football viewing party, wings are the perfect thing to make for a crowd. What makes these even easier to prep for a group? FIVE ingredients. Yup. That’s it. And that’s including salt as an ingredient, so you might even call it four.
By skipping the butter or ghee component typically found in anything buffalo, we saved a significant amount of fat (and dairy!) in this recipe. The honey adds the perfect amount of sticky sweetness, which helps to cut some of the heat from the hot sauce. It’s rare for me to enjoy wings without dipping (read: drowning) them in ranch dressing, but this flavor combo didn’t even make me yearn for ranch. It’s just that good on it’s own.
We hope you’ll make these for your guests at your next football viewing party, and we hope your team takes home the W (assuming your team is the Philadelphia Eagles… otherwise, we take that back)!
5-Ingredient Hot Honey Wings
- 3 lbs party wings
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Gently pat wings dry using a paper towel and place in a large mixing bowl. Add potato starch and sea salt to bowl and toss until wings are thoroughly coated. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, and arrange wings in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake wings in oven for 30 minutes.
- Change oven temperature to 425ºF and continue to bake wings for another 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, flip wings over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- As wings finish baking, combine hot sauce and honey in another large mixing bowl. Once wings are done, add them to mixing bowl with sauce and toss until evenly coated.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 5 wings
352 calories per serving • Fat: 21.6g • Carbohydrates: 17.2g • Protein: 25.3g