Happy [Black] Fry-day!! I’m not usually a huge Black Friday shopper, but if you’re gonna get anything today, definitely scope out those air fryer deals!… From the comfort of your own couch… with a plate of leftovers, of course.
Anyway, this Fry-day, we’re bringing you some chicken nuggets. It’s about time, right?! Let’s be honest, everyone loves a good chicken nugget, and homemade chicken nuggets are way healthier and just as satisfying.
Now, these aren’t just any chicken nuggets. Our secret ingredient here is Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. Finding countless uses for this seasoning is always a fun game, and as always, it certainly did not disappoint here!
Air Fryer EBTB Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, patted dry and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Prep dredging station by scrambling egg in a small bowl and setting aside. In another small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and EBTB seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Prepare nuggets by dipping each piece of chicken into egg, followed by breadcrumbs mixture until evenly coated.
- Place a single layer of nuggets in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overlap. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you will probably have to cook these in about four batches.
- Spray nuggets with cooking spray and cook for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Yield: 4 servings
227 calories per serving • Fat: 2.3g • Carbohydrates: 7g • Protein: 28.2g