Happy Meal Prep Monday, fam! We hope everyone had a great holiday weekend filled with family, friends, food, drinks and relaxation. We sure did, and while we loved every minute of it, we’re anxious to get back into the swing of our normal meal prep routine!
As you all know, egg muffins are one of our favorite meal prep secret weapons—they’re high in protein, low in carbs, and most importantly, high in satisfaction. They’re also super easy to make and even easier to switch up and keep things interesting from week to week. This week, we went for a western omelette vibe (is it omelette or omelet?), with ham, peppers, onion, and cheddar cheese. A western omelette is one of my go-to orders when I go out for a classic diner breakfast (with extra-crispy home fries, obvi), so I was thrilled to recreate those flavors and have them on hand to enjoy all week long.
Western Omelette Egg Muffins
- 8 large eggs
- 7 oz ham steak, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10 muffin pan cavities with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and almond milk until fully scrambled and combined.
- Add ham, pepper, and onion into bowl with eggs. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add cheese and stir until just combined.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between prepared muffin cavities.
- Bake egg muffins in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set in the middle and edges are golden.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days. When ready to enjoy, just microwave egg muffins for 1 minute.
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 2 egg muffins
202 calories per serving • Fat: 11.1g • Carbohydrates: 4.2g • Protein: 21.2g