Hey! I just saw you wrinkle your nose and scrunch your face up as you read the name of this recipe… but ya know what they say, “Don’t knock it ’til ya try it!” Seriously.
When I worked at a pizza place in college (#tbt to the glory days), we tried to come up with as many cool pizza creations we could to fill the time and our bellies. Apparently in my own kitchen, I’ve felt the need to keep it up! Disclaimer: I’ve never actually had a Big Mac, but I imagine these ingredients to be the “healthyish” tweaks!
The sauce for this pizza, and the drizzle on top, is our special sauce, from our mouth-watering turkey burgers! Find the recipe here—make them on a grill pan to keep #grillszn alive, warming up your home to combat these recently chilling temps!
I’d also like to shout out the Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Crust. I was very skeptical of the crust, but both the taste and texture exceeded my expectations. I was worried it would be mushy, but it turned out quite crispy!
One note of caution: while we love our recipes that lend themselves to meal prep, this recipe is not one of those. My advice is invite some friends over and have a pizza party, because this pizza is delicious, but best served fresh! Enjoy!
“Big Mac” Cauliflower Pizza
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 cauliflower pizza crusts; we used Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust.
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 oz shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- pickle chips, to taste
For the sauce:
- 2/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp ketchup
- 4 tsp sweet relish
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Cook crusts according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for special sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook turkey in skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Once cooked through, add garlic powder, salt, and ground mustard, and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Top each cooked crust with 1/3 cup special sauce, spreading to cover crust to edges.
- Divide ground turkey evenly between pizza crusts, followed by both cheeses and finally, onion.
- Return pizzas to oven and broil for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove pizzas from oven, and top with pickles and shredded iceberg.
- Drizzle pizzas with remaining sauce, slice and enjoy!
Yield: 8 servings
291 calories per serving • Fat: 7.8g • Carbohydrates: 32.5g • Protein: 18.1g