Happy last day of Hanukkah to our friends and readers who celebrate! That sure did creep up on us…
We couldn’t let this holiday pass without trying our hand at making potato latkes. Although neither of us celebrate Hanukkah, we’ve certainly enjoyed some good potato pancakes over the years. As with anything that’s typically deep fried, we just had to experiment with our beloved air fryer for this one. It never, EVER let’s us down. And this was no exception.
Personally, I’ve always been team sour cream versus team apple sauce when it comes to latkes. We served ours with plain nonfat Greek yogurt, which tastes seemingly the same as sour cream but has less fat and more protein. Win!
P.S. if you’re not sensitive to gluten, you can totally make these with regular flour or whole wheat flour. Happy air frying!!
Air Fryer Potato Latkes
- 2 large Russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 medium white onion, grated
- 1/2 cup almond flour; we used Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour.
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- chives, optional garnish
- Combine grated potatoes and onion in a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, or clean kitchen towel and wring out all moisture. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion, fill the measuring cup with potato mixture, then form the mixture into a pancake shape with your hands (should be about the size of your palm).
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Arrange latkes (number will vary depending on the size of your basket) in a single layer in air fryer basket, making sure not to overlap.
- Fry at 400°F for 15 minutes (or longer if you want them extra crispy), flipping halfway.
- Remove from air fryer, and repeat steps 3-5 until all latkes are fried.
- Garnish with toppings and dipping sauce(s) of your choice—we chose chives and plain nonfat Greek yogurt!
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 2 latkes
349 calories per serving • Fat: 14.2g • Carbohydrates: 38.2g • Protein: 15.6g