We are still smiling from the success that was our “Self Care Sunday” event with Melissa Henkin of @puregreenwellness at Endeavor Athletic this past weekend! We had so much fun taking a break from the hustle and bustle of this time of year to flow with such an enthusiastic [+ sold out!] crowd!
We wanted to make some nutritious and seasonal treats to share at the event. Alas, we bring you Tahini Gingerbread Protein Bites! We are big fans of Soom Sesame Premium Tahini—we’ve been bragging about it’s deliciousness since the earliest days of Philly Fit Foodies. You can find it in our Goldie Copycat Tehina Shakes (*logs off computer and goes to make one…*) and Salmon Power Bowls. And speaking of bragging, we can’t talk about Soom without mentioning that they are Philly-based and women-owned!
These bites are the perfect pick-me-up when you’re going through that afternoon slump or need that “something sweet” you search for after a meal. Dare you grace your family’s dessert table/cookie tray/brunch/etc. with these bites this season?!
Tahini Gingerbread Protein Bites
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup Soom Sesame Premium Tahini
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder; we used Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Organic Plant Based Vegan Protein Powder.
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sesame seeds, optional
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
- Place all ingredients besides sesame seeds in a food processor and process on high until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Form mixture into approx. 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet. You should have about 20 protein bites total.
- Optional: Roll balls in sesame seeds until coated.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before enjoying. Store protein bites in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Yield: 20 servings
Serving size: 1 protein bite
88 calories per serving • Fat: 4.8g • Carbohydrates: 7.7g • Protein: 3.7g