Now that your pantry is stocked with some of our must-have meal prep pantry staples, it’s time for you to get cooking. This is probably the easiest recipe we have prepared for you this week, so no excuses, people!
I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like my body craves the most volume and variety at lunchtime. A low-cal salad or soup almost never leaves me feeling satisfied or satiated (not for long, at least). But on the other hand, a high-calorie lunch often leaves me feeling bloated and sleepy for the remainder of the workday. So, I like to aim for lunches that are still low in calories but have a variety of flavors and textures going on, so that I feel satisfied and satiated throughout the afternoon.
I’m proud to say that we managed to sneak some extra veggies into every meal prep-friendly recipe we developed for this week. These delicious Greek meatballs are packed with zucchini and served with cauliflower rice—and we recommend serving this with some fresh cucumbers and tomatoes for added freshness and even more nutrients.
Since I’m currently doing Whole30 (Day 14, baby!), all of our recipes for Meal Prep Week just happen to be Whole30 approved. If you’re not doing Whole30, this recipe would also be great with a little homemade tzatziki on the side. Happy prepping!
Greek Turkey Meatballs with Harissa Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup grated zucchini, excess liquid squeezed out
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp salt
- olive oil spray
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp harissa
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, zucchini, almond flour, egg, garlic and spices. Using your hands, mix well until combined.
- Roll mixture into about 24 round balls, placing on prepared baking sheet as you go.
- Bake meatballs for 20 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is fragrant, add cauliflower rice.
- Sauté cauliflower rice until cooked through and tender, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add harissa, and stir until thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide meatballs and cauliflower rice evenly among four servings, and enjoy! Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 6 meatballs with cauliflower rice
252 calories per serving • Fat: 11.9g • Carbohydrates: 6g • Protein: 25.8g