Comin’ in hot today for Taco Tuesday!! This meal combines two of our favorite things: sheet pan prep + tacos. We love sheet pan meals because they are quick and require minimal dishes. And do we really need to explain why we love tacos!?
Last week was Meal Prep Week, and our goal was to sneak in as many veggies as possible—we think we were pretty successful! This week, while creating and testing recipes, our goal was to make high-protein meals. So, instead of just buffalo cauliflower, we added some chicken thighs to the mix, and boy, are we glad we did!
Top the filling off with the deliciousness of Siete tortillas, coleslaw mix to compliment that heat, and some avo!? We only have one challenge for you: can you get a little of everything in one bite??
Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken + Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 tortillas; we used Siete Almond Flour Grain Free Tortillas to make this Whole30 approved.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 medium avocado, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond flour; we used Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour.
- 1/3 cup + 1 tsp Frank’s Red Hot, separated
- 1 tbsp ghee; we used Fourth & Heart Himalayan Pink Salt Ghee.
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chopped scallions, for garnish
- oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking sheet with oil spray, and set aside.
- Combine almond milk, almond flour, garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp Frank’s Red Hot in a large mixing bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add cauliflower florets and toss until evenly coated.
- Pat chicken thighs dry. Rub both sides of thighs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken thighs and cauliflower in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping chicken and tossing cauliflower halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot, ghee, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once ghee is melted, whisk to combine and remove from heat.
- Once chicken and cauliflower is done, remove from oven and cut chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces. Brush buffalo sauce evenly over everything. Place back in oven and broil on high for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas in a large skillet according to package instructions.
- Assemble tacos by evenly dividing coleslaw, chicken + cauliflower mixture, and avocado evenly between warmed tortillas. Garnish with chopped scallions, as desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 2 tacos