Rise and shine, readers! We have a new recipe that’s going to help you get out of bed in the morning (because we could all use a little help with that, right?). Our most popular recipe (like… by a long shot) is our Vegan Tehina Shake. Everyone wants to know how to make those beloved Goldie Falafel shakes at home, and we can’t blame them! But wouldn’t it be even better to wake up to those delicious flavors already prepared in your fridge? Yes. Yes, it would.
As you know from our Air Fryer BBQ Wings recipe, we’ve been loving experimenting with silan (date paste) lately. Dates are a great secret weapon for natural, added sweetness. And silan makes life even easier by having the dates in syrup form.
Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds, giving it a similar texture and flavor to a creamy nut butter—without the nuts! (Great if you have a nut allergy. Not great if you have a sesame allergy.) Tahini is typically used in hummus, but it should really be given more credit than that, because it’s has so many delicious uses. And the tahini + date flavor combo is just unbeatable. No wonder those Goldie shakes are so damn good.
We’re just starting to experiment with overnight oats, and we have to say, we’re into it. They’re so simple to throw together before bed, and you can easily switch it up with new flavors each week to keep things exciting. Also, coming in at around 366 calories per serving, this breakfast is bound to keep you full and satisfied all morning. I don’t know about you, but that’s not an easy feat for me. #nevernothungry
Tahini Date Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats; we used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp tahini; we used Soom Foods Tahini.
- 1 tbsp date syrup; we used Soom Foods Silan.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional toppings: Soom Foods Chocolate Sweet Tahini Halva Spread drizzle, sliced banana, sliced fresh figs, granola, more chia seeds, etc.
- Combine all of the ingredients (besides toppings) together in a mason jar or airtight container. Gently stir until well mixed.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight, for 6-8 hours.
- Before enjoying, add more almond milk if needed for desired consistency and add whatever toppings you choose.
Yield: 2 servings