Whether or not your a Valentine’s Day celebrator, we hope we can all agree that Galentine’s Day should always be celebrated. A day to honor and recognize your best lady friends and celebrate your friendships? Umm… can every day be Galentine’s Day??
Whether you’re celebrating tomorrow or this weekend, we have the perfect wintery sangria recipe to make your girls night extra special. Because bonding with your gal pals is always a little more fun when the wine is flowin’, amirite?
The inspiration for this recipe came from our favorite kombucha brand’s new seasonal flavor—GT’s Kombucha Pure Love. If you’re wondering what kombucha is, we have a blog post all about it riiiiight… here. Not only is the name of this seasonal flavor perfect for this time of year, but the blood orange, hibiscus and rose flavors are out of this world. And they fortuitously pair really well with one of our other favorite beverages: red wine.
Time to ditch that wine box and treat your best ladies to something special this year! Whether or not they love red wine, they’re bound to enjoy this slighty fruity, slighty fizzy sangria! Plus, since it has kombucha in it, it’s gotta be healthy… right? (*wink*)
Winter Kombucha Sangria
- 1 750 mL bottle dry red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot)
- 2 15 oz bottles kombucha; we used GT’s Kombucha Pure Love.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 1 orange, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 16 oz strawberries, sliced thin
- ice, for serving
- Place orange slices, lemon, and strawberries in the bottom of a large pitcher or drink dispenser.
- Pour remaining ingredients over fruit and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving over ice.