Happy Valentine’s Day food + fitness lovers! We figured what better way to celebrate l o v e than with guac?! And this guac will have you shouting, “Holy Guacamole!”
One of my favorite achievements in a recipe is multiple flavor profiles in one bite. This recipe hits that nail on the head, especially with the added potential of the toppings and dipping accouterments (spoiler alert: spicy chips, FTW)—bonus points for multiple textures, too! The crunch of the pistachios + pomegranate arils boasting salty + sweet is an experience you won’t find with just any old guac.
This guac will definitely be the key to your Valentine’s heart. Now, godspeed, as you frantically shut your computer and attempt to find the most perfectly ripe avocados!
Pomegranate Pistachio Guacamole
- 4 medium avocados
- 4 oz pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta, optional
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados, and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until desired consistency is reached.
- Add red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Fold in pomegranate arils, reserving a few for topping.
- To serve, top guacamole with chopped pistachios, feta (if using), and remaining pomegranate arils.
Yield: 8 servings
161 calories per serving • Fat: 13.4g • Carbohydrates: 9.8g • Protein: 3.1g