Today officially marks one year since we started our blog! We really have no idea where the last year went, but we’re so grateful for all of it. It’s been a wild ride so far, and we’re anxious to see what the future holds!
A few years ago, for my mom’s birthday, I made a similar recipe from Delish, and it was… well, delish. But we knew we could make our own, healthier version of said recipe to mark our one year anniversary of PFF. If you’ve been following along for the last year, you know we aren’t big bakers. Part of what we love so much about cooking is the creative aspect, and since baking is more of a science, there’s less room for that creativity. But every once in awhile, we dabble in baking. And every so often, we succeed. This was definitely one of those times!
Whether we’re celebrating a birthday or not, we highly recommend giving this banana bread recipe a try. Bring on year 2!!
Birthday Cake Banana Bread
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour; we used Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease loaf pan with coconut oil or cooking spray (or line with parchment paper).
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Mix almond flour, baking soda, and salt in another mixing bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until evenly combined. Fold in white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Yield: 10 servings
328 calories per serving • Fat: 20.1g • Carbohydrates: 33.5g • Protein: 8.3g
2 thoughts on “Birthday Cake Banana Bread”
I love this so much!! Definitely giving it a try!! Thanks for sharing 💛