Spring is finally upon on us, and the warmer weather has us excited for all of the snacks, apps, and dips that we associate with spring and summer. Does anyone else prefer to spend their warmer weekend days snackin’ and sharing instead of eating traditional sit-down meals? We just love to try all the things!
One thing we especially love during the warmer months is grilled corn on the cob—especially at fairs and festivals. Mexican street corn is a classic when it comes to these spring and summer events. We recently had the opportunity to try Beanfields Snacks bean chips in a variety of Mexican-inspired flavors (Nacho, Jalapeño Nacho, and Pico de Gallo). When brainstorming what dip we thought these bean chips would be the perfect vehicle for, we thought of Mexican street corn. And alas, this Mexican street corn dip was born!
This dip is incredibly delicious and easy to make for a crowd. But, no judgement if it ends up being you eating it alone with a spoon… not not saying we’ve tried that. For those of you thinking ahead to hosting your Cinco de Mayo party, make sure this dip lands on your party list!
Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 16 oz frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 3 tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ghee
- juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta, plus more for garnish
- Heat ghee in a cast iron or nonstick skillet over high heat. Once ghee is melted and hot, add corn and jalapeño.
- Sauté corn and jalapeño until hot and slightly charred (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Place corn and jalapeño in a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Top with extra crumbled feta and serve.
Yield: 6 servings