On this Friday, we’re equipping you to make your Mondays a little less… Monday-y! There’s nothing better on a Monday morning than waking up to overnight oats prepped and ready in your fridge! We’ve pretty much experimented with any and all easy, meal-prep-friendly breakfast recipes. And let me tell ya, overnight oats are about as easy as it gets. Plus, once you have the basic formula down, there are seriously endless possibilities for what you can mix into your oats!
Iced matcha lattes are one of my weaknesses, so when we first thought of this recipe, I was rather ecstatic. In fact, some mornings I’m incredibly torn between making coffee or an iced matcha latte—but now, I don’t have to choose. I can drink my coffee and eat my matcha. Win, win!
If you’re wondering what matcha is and/or curious about some of its health benefits, you can read our WTF post on matcha here.
Matcha Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats; we used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- optional toppings: raspberries, blueberries, sliced banana, etc.
- Combine all of the ingredients (besides toppings) together in a mason jar or airtight container. Gently stir until well mixed.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight, for 6-8 hours.
- Before enjoying, add more almond milk if needed for desired consistency and add whatever toppings you choose.
Yield: 2 servings