Guys. We FINALLY got our hands on some TJ’s cauliflower gnocchi!!!! We truly were beginning to think it would never happen—that this bag of frozen goodness was all a myth. But, alas, the gnocchi does exist.
When we finally found the cauliflower gnocchi (and stocked up on 3 bags…), we knew we had to find a delicious use for it. Our minds immediately went to bolognese—a protein-packed, saucy situation to perfectly compliment these veggies pretending to be gnocchi.
We added a little kick to this bolognese with some crushed red pepper, and a little creaminess + nuttiness from one of our favorite cheeses: Pecorino Romano.
Serve this bolognese over whatever pasta and/or veggie you prefer! TBH, we’re still mastering the art of cooking the cauliflower gnocchi to perfection. Let us know if you have any pro tips!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano, plus more for serving (or sub parmesan)
- cooking spray
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Brown turkey, breaking up as it cooks, until cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots, stirring occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds, or until fragrant, then add tomato paste and stir until combined.
- Add cooked turkey, crushed tomatoes, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to the pot and stir until combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add grated Pecorino Romano and mix until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- Serve over pasta, zoodles, gnocchi, cauliflower gnocchi, etc.!
Yield: 4 servings