Cheers to the freakin’ weekend!!… almost. We couldn’t let Cinco de Mayo Week pass without whipping up our own homemade margarita recipe. Whether you’re celebrating Friday, Saturday, having a Sunday Funday, or all of the above (no judgement), be sure to serve these tasty, refreshing cocktails at your party!
In all honesty, neither of us are big tequila drinkers. But, for Cinco de Mayo, we’ll definitely enjoy a good marg (or three…). We initially knew we wanted to do a kombucha margarita, to add some exciting [tequila-masking] flavors without adding too much sugar. We both agreed that mango was the perfect flavor to get everyone in the mood for summer. And since we’re huge fans of anything spicy (like, as spicy as it can get), we started thinking up ways to make these margs spicy but still accessible. We ultimately opted for a chili salt rim, which sounds + looks fancy AF, but is super easy to achieve. If you’re not into spice and/or salt on your rim, feel free to omit!
We recommend pairing these margs with our Taco Layer Dip or our Sheet Pan Cauliflower Totchos—the perfect combo for an epic Cinco de Mayo party (and it’s totally okay if your idea of an epic Cinco de Mayo party involves chilling on the couch in sweats enjoying these delicious recipes… no shame in that game!).
Mango Kombucha Margaritas
- 1/2 cup GT’s Mystic Mango Kombucha
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- juice of 1 lime, plus 1 lime for serving
- Stevia (drops or powder), to taste
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Place salt and chili powder on a plate and stir until combined.
- Line the rim of a glass with lime juice using 1 lime wedge. Place the rim of the glass on the plate with salt and chili powder to form the salt rim.
- Fill the glass with ice, then pour over tequila, lime juice, and kombucha. Gently stir to combine, and enjoy!
Yield: 1 serving