Back in October, we blessed you all with our Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto recipe. We loved the cauliflower risotto situation so much that we decided to bring you a Spring version!
This recipe makes four servings, but we’d totally double up on this and eat it as a meal. Otherwise, we recommend pairing it with your favorite protein of choice. We paired ours with filet, and let me tell you, it was a restaurant-quality experience. Hope everyone’s Monday is off to a great start!
Cauliflower Risotto with Pancetta, Asparagus, and Peas
- 12 oz riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- asparagus, ends trimmed off and cut into 2″ pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add asparagus and blanch for about 2 minutes. Immediately place asparagus in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and crispy. Using a slotted spoon, place pancetta on a plate and set aside.
- Add shallots to skillet with reserved pancetta fat. Sauté until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice, white wine, bone broth, peas, salt, and pepper. Stir until throughly combined. Continue sautéing until cauliflower rice is tender and peas are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in pancetta, asparagus, and parmesan cheese. Once cheese is thoroughly combined and melted, it’s ready to serve!
Yield: 4 servings