It’s honestly a mystery how we made it this long without an avocado toast recipe. Avocado toast is my go-to weekend breakfast. It takes minutes to whip up and is such a tasty treat. I usually keep it simple with a fried egg and sriracha drizzle, but we got a lil’ fancy here, inspired by a recent trip to Bluestone Lane.
Naturally, you have to get a taste of everything in the same bite to complete the experience, and nothing is more disappointing than when the yolk is not drippy enough. What’s your favorite avocado toast combo?!
- 2 slices of multigrain bread of choice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 10 NatureSweet SunBursts sweet golden snacking tomatoes
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta or goat cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast slices of bread. Set aside.
- Mash avocado in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide avocado between slices of toast. Spread evenly.
- Divide tomatoes and cheese between toast slices.
- Fill a medium saucepan with about 1-1.5” of water. Add vinegar and a dash of salt to saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat slightly until water reaches a steady simmer.
- Crack eggs one at a time into a small bowl. Stir the simmering water gently to create a vortex, and gently drop an egg into the water. Allow the egg to poach for 3 minutes, then gently remove with a slotted spoon and place on top of the prepared toast. Repeat this step with the remaining egg.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Yield: 2 servings