What’s MDW without a fire burger recipe to take your BBQ by storm!? In my opinion, a burger recipe has to be uniquely delicious to be remembered, and this one surely claims that title.
We love Greek flavors, and it’s just those guys that make these burgers— specifically, the Avocado Tzatziki. With this creamy + flavorful tzatiki, you don’t even miss having the usual cheese on your burger!
We recently discovered the Avocado Tzatziki Dip at Trader Joe’s. It is so delicious, we still can’t believe our eyes at the nutrition facts. However, the list of ingredients is a little long/questionable for our liking. So, challenge accepted. And, we certainly think we prevailed… you be the judge!
Greek Turkey Burgers with Avocado Tzatziki
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 3 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- cooking spray
- Bibb lettuce
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
For the avocado tzatziki:
- 5.3 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 cucumber, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the tzatziki, add Greek yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and combined, then place a small bowl. Add shredded cucumber and chopped dill, and gently mix until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add turkey, spinach, minced red onion, egg, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Make four evenly-sized burger patties out of turkey mixture, and set aside on a plate.
- Heat grill pan or cast iron skillet over high heat, and spray with cooking spray. Once pan is hot, add burger patties. Allow to cook undisturbed for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, grill or toast hamburger buns if desired.
- Divide Bibb lettuce and sliced onion among hamburger buns, as desired for serving. Top with burger patty and finally, 1/4 of the avocado tzatziki.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 burger
371 calories per serving • Fat: 13g • Carbohydrates: 30.8g • Protein: 32.6g