A FRY-day leading into a three-day weekend!? Hell yeah!
I’m just gonna cut to the chase—air fried eggplant is hands down the best way I’ve ever eaten eggplant. And that’s saying a lot… because eggplant parm.
These fries are easy to whip up and make for a delicious snack or side to just about any meal, specifically our Greek Turkey Burgers with Avocado Tzatziki.
Your MDW menu is thanking you for this tasty addition!
Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- 1 large Italian eggplant, cut into 1/2″ fries
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Set up your dredging station by combining the almond flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Scramble eggs in another small bowl.
- One at a time, dip eggplant fries in egg, followed by almond flour mixture. Repeat this process until all eggplant fries are coated.
- Fill the air fryer basket with eggplant fries until full, without overlapping. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Cook for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat this step with the remaining fries, until all are fried.
Yield: 6 servings
149 calories per serving • Fat: 9.1g • Carbohydrates: 9.9g • Protein: 7.1g